Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Strathmore Journal

A few months ago I took a free online  journal workshop from "Strathmore".  There were 3 different classes, each running for 4 weeks. 

 These are some of the pages I created. 

I took before and after photos of a few pages so I could see how much they changed as I worked on them.



I really like the colors on the finished page.  I colored the white page with yellow and orange, then covered it with kraft colored printed tissue paper and collaged other items over it.  Then I added color, stencils, rubons, and more collage items.
         

I really like both of the Yoga pages. 
My daughter's Yoga photos inspired me to do this page.  She owns  "Seven Hot Yoga" which is located in Renton, WA.  I really like the look of the gesso stenciled through sequin waste.

I started with the bench on the blue green background.  I love these colors.  Used photos, stencils, rubons, doodles, and stamps. 


I bought the die cut with the man holding an umbrella, decided I needed to use it, and created "it's raining cats and dogs".



I started this page with a flower stencil, traced several, then colored them.  The red tape was some packing tape I bought at Michael's for $1.  I also found some white tape with holes in it at Home Depot, I tore pieces and added it along the edges.


I bought some Tempura paints at the Goodwill.  I played with them on these pages just to get an idea of what kind of look I could get on paper.  Wanted to see how much pigment was in the paint, whether it was opaque, did it blend well, etc.  I need to work with them more, however, I do like the backgrounds that I made from these paints.

This was my favorite journal page.  I loved everything about it, the colors, the theme, the collage items and the way it all blended together.

 






No comments: