These creatures emerged from a water marking technique that didn't work. The instructions were to paint card stock using a medium shade of acrylic paint and let it dry. Next dilute a lighter shade of acrylic paint with water and paint over the first layer. Then, while the paint is still wet, splash or drop alcohol over the paper. Allow to dry. The alcohol was supposed to dissolve some of the top layer paint and allow the other to show through. Well, I tried it three times and nothing happened to the paint. I started adding some acrylic inks and more alcohol and started to get some interesting stuff happening. When dry I looked at the papers and because of Carla Sonheim's creature class, I started to see creature shapes. These were the results. This is so much fun.
I taught a class last Friday doing mixed media on a canvas. These are some of my examples. I forgot to take photos of the artwork created in the class. They were fabulous, would have liked to share them.