Sunday, June 8, 2014

Watercolor and Mixed Media

Finished paintings from the paint retreat in May 2014.

This painting was started last May at the retreat.  I took it with me to work on this year.

 I decided to make it into a mixed media piece.  I really liked it at this point but when I went to frame it, I felt the flower needed to pop out more,
 
so I got out my stabilo pencil and sketched around the flower.
This was my completed page.  It looks fantastic in the brown frame I purchased from Michael's.

 
The boot and deck were painted from a photo.  It was a photo of my sister's deck.  She loves to shop at Goodwill or Value Village and always has lots of fun things decorating her back yard.


Another painting from a photo.  Our community has a yearly garden tour.  I always take my camera and I always find lots of interesting ideas for my artwork.

No comments: