Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Stamped Notecards



I decided long ago that I would not put sentiments inside the cards I sell.  The reason being that when I would purchase cards the words inside would determine whether I would purchase it, not the art work.

When I make cards I like to do layering with several pieces of different colored papers.  Some I tear, some I trim.  I put together combinations that I like.  Some of my background papers on the following cards are from a demo I taught at the Samish Paint Out, on using the Gelli Plate for monoprinting.  The rubber stamp images were from a used rubber sale I shopped at a few weeks ago.  I used watercolors for coloring the images.
 

 

  

 

  

 

  

 
Stamp Credits
 Queen of the Kitchen - the Kristen Powers studio collection
Friend - Hero Arts
Time passages - B Line Designs
Postcard - Jill Meyers for Inkadinkadoo
Scripted Butterfly - Stampington & Company

No comments: